When the pandemic hit, the world went into disarray. Phil Rankin, President of Even Mix™ & Special Metal Stamping, shares his story of how he seized an opportunity that changed his company.
Even Mix™ is a patented 3D mixing technology. They have used aerospace engineering techniques to design pump technology into their variable pitch blades, bringing true mixing technology to in-drum liquids.
- Be attentive to current events. Capitalize on challenges that are in high demand by pivoting your marketing strategy to target that market.
- When shifting into a new market, be mindful of scalability. How can the company grow sustainably? What structures need to be in place to ensure growth?
- Listen to the customer. Better pricing and new technologies can only go so far if the product is not applicable to the customer’s needs.
- Trust your gut as a business owner. We are approached daily with new opportunities. Do not be afraid to take calculated risks.
- Getting the right mix of resources committed to the return on investment expected is key to a great cost analysis.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/philerankin/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/philerankin
- Company: https://specialmetalstamping.com
- Company: https://evenmix.com
Ways to Tune In
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ceo-confidential/id1197044116
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/5an441bbjLNCYKKcC5d0fl
- Pod Chaser - https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/ceo-confidential-429926
- Listen Notes - https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/ceo-confidential-nelly-g-5Ia1-WzKHnF/
- YouTube - https://youtu.be/8qhyYIzf_nE